New Skier Bridge to the River Run Gondola
Last year, Keystone began operating a new state-of-the-art eight-passenger gondola in River Run Village. This year, the final phase of the project will be completed with a new skier bridge connecting the mountain back to the gondola giving guests a shorter walk from the slopes to the gondola and making access to the gondola easier from the mountain.
Keystone Resort Newsworthy Trends
Trend: Travelers are being more cautious during the economic downturn, and want a vacation that's going to give them the best experience for their hard-earned dollars and vacation time. Family vacations, road trips, and classic destinations are popular.
Family Time at Keystone Resort with Activities and Programs
It’s all here for families at Keystone Resort. Keystone offers great terrain for every ability level of skier and rider with world class ski school to help guests learn and explore. For family off-slope time, there are activities both on- and off the mountain like tubing, ice skating, fine dining and family dining activities including sleigh rides and fondue. Look for new family events and activities this year including concerts, fireworks displays, torchlight parades, puppet shows and more.
The Adventure Passport and Great Package Deals
Keystone Resort offers a free Adventure Passport for all guests staying at Keystone Resort properties. The Adventure Passport provides Keystone guests with an array of free and discounted activities to help them experience the Rocky Mountains. The Adventure Passport includes discounts on margarita, wine, and martini tastings, free intro to snowbiking, free ice skating, discounted snowshoe tours, free yoga classes, and more.
Keystone also offers great package deals throughout the ski season. From $99 a night rates to multi-day savings on skiing, lodging and other activities. Visit www.snow.com and sign up for email newsletters and also checkout www.keystonetonight.com for last minute booking deals.
Trend: Authentic Travel and Niche Tours Gain Popularity: According to American Express travel agents, demand for vacations driven by special interests will continue to rise in 2009.
Looking for a Memorable Adventure? Try a Guided Snowcat Tour
Experience The Keystone Adventure Tours (KAT) which provides skiers and riders access to nearly 300 acres of Keystone’s most challenging terrain in Independence Bowl through a guided snowcat tour. Participants receive an all-inclusive, red carpet experience that includes: A full day of backcountry skiing and snowboarding in Keystone’s three bowls with expert guides and a catered, gourmet lunch in the new Independence Yurt prepared by the award-winning chefs at Keystone. The KAT program is the largest snowcat operation in Summit County Colorado and it allows advanced skiers and riders to experience pristine backcountry-type conditions in a controlled and guided environment.
Trend: Organic Spas: According to the International Spa Association, more spas are offering environmentally friendly products and services, but that's not all. Many feature outdoor treatments and eco-friendly facilities, as well as treatments that highlight indigenous plants and the environment in which the spa is located.
Spa at Keystone Lodge: An Eco-Conscious Way to Relax and Rejuvenate at all Price Levels
The Keystone Lodge & Spa, a four diamond AAA rated lodging property has a 10,000 square-foot spa which is entirely environmentally friendly. From using 100 percent wind power, recycled flooring and organic uniforms to organic products, indigenous ingredients and treatments that connect the spa to its natural surroundings. The Spa at the Keystone Lodge offers treatments and body therapies for all price ranges and gives Keystone guests an opportunity to relax and rejuvenate during their stay.
Special Events at Keystone Resort 2009-2010
Friday Night Lights Concert Series in December 2009 and March 2010
Keystone is again celebrating the return of winter in the Rocky Mountains with a free concert series next to the River Run Gondola in early December and also in March of 2010. Last year, Clap Your Hands, Say Yeah, Dovotchka and Girl Talk took the stage and rocked the way into ski season. This year, the trend will continue and guests can ski into the night and listen to music under the lights for a truly exceptional experience.
The Keystone Winter Culinary Festival
After a successful first year, Keystone will continue its culinary weekend in early March 2010. Guests will experience a sampling of local specialties from Keystone’s award-winning restaurants including the Keystone Ranch, Ski Tip Lodge, Alpenglow Stube and more. Wine tastings, food-related classes, chocolate tastings, and a grand tasting event are some of the culinary festivities throughout the weekend. Also, in support of Keystone and Vail Resorts Appetite for Life Program, chefs will be serving sustainable and organic ingredients in several dishes and the event is a zero-waste event where all trash will be recycled and/or composted.
Authentic Experiences at Keystone Resort:
On the Mountain and Around the Resort:
- Keystone’s A51Terrain Park is ranked in the top 10 parks in the country by both Transworld Snowboarding Magazine and Freeskier Magazine. A51 offers features for all skiing and riding abilities and is a great park for families to experience together.
- Got Elevation? At 11,444 feet, Keystone’s Alpenglow Stube is the highest AAA Four-Diamond restaurant in the country. The Stube also offers lunch and a Sunday brunch for guests—just don’t forget to ask for fuzzy slippers when you arrive.
- Night Skiing: Keystone boasts the longest ski day in Colorado—from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. on select days. March is the best time for night skiing at Keystone; with daylight savings, skiers and riders can ski into the sunset and enjoy warmer spring weather in Colorado.
- Adventure Point Tubing: located on the top of Keystone Resort guests whiz down the mountainside laughing all the way. With a good pitch and long runout, the park’s four tubing lanes deliver entertainment for the entire family and is one of the most popular activities on the mountain.
Save and Splurge Experiences at Keystone Resort
- Keystone offers great package deals throughout the ski season. From $99 a night rates to multi-day savings on skiing, lodging and other activities. Visit www.snow.com and sign up for email newsletters and also checkout www.keystonetongiht.com for last minute booking deals.
- Keystone Lake was voted one of the best outdoor ice rinks in North America by MSNBC. Ice skating on the 5 acre rink is a fun event for all ages and with the Adventure Passport, Keystone guests receive a discount on skate rentals.
- Keystone Resort offers some of the best dining experiences in Colorado. The Alpenglow Stube, Keystone Ranch and Ski Tip Lodge all offer four to six course meals in unique settings including an old stagecoach stop, a historic cattle ranch and dining on the mountaintop at 11, 444 feet.
- The Spa at the Keystone Lodge has treatments designed to pamper guests or help them recover faster after a day on the slopes. Treatments like aboriginal massages, blueberry body wraps, facials and more are a great way to relax.