The Keystone Resort is the place to be for families this summer with activities and events for kids of all ages including festivals, storytellers, children’s theater, outdoor adventures and unique dining experiences. The revelry begins this weekend with The 5th Annual World Music Festival and Marketplace.
The 5th Annual World Music Festival and Marketplace will be held Saturday, June 27 from 1-6 p.m. in River Run at Keystone Resort. Celebrating cultures from around the globe, this free festival provides entertainment for the whole family and combines live music, an international marketplace, and delicious international cuisine from the Caribbean, Ireland, Latin America and New Orleans.
The “marKIDplace” is the perfect destination for families with a bazaar of activities, crafts, and fun from around the world. Other attractions include the River Run Merchant Tent Sale from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., food booths from restaurants in River Run and Keystone Resort as well as free live music with an international flair from bands including Steel Alive, Naturally 7, and Panjea. Free parking is available at the River Run Lots, located just off Gondola Road.
Other family events and activities at Keystone this summer include:
· Kids’ Discovery Days include free entertainment and activities for children from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in River Run every Tuesday through mid-August. Kids can watch magic shows, see zoo animals, sing along with musicians, and more.
· Keystone’s Family Fun Nights get started July 1 and occur each Wednesday evening until July 29. Family attractions in River Run include bounce houses, carnival games, dancers and entertainers.
· The resort’s musical theater brings guests the award-winning Rogers and Hammerstein musical “A Grand Night for Singing” on select Thursday evenings in July and August. Doors open at 7 p.m. and performances start at 7:30. Tickets are $19.50 for adults and $16.50 for students.
· This summer’s children’s theater features Aesop's famous tale “The Ant and The Grasshopper” on Friday mornings in the Quaking Aspen Amphitheater in Keystone's River Run Village through the end of August. Two shows run at 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. weather permitting with general seating.
· Keystone offers an array of dining options that are well suited for families including the Der Fondue Chessel and Wagon Ride Dinners. Two gondolas whisk guests to a Fondue lover’s dream on top of Dercum Mountain at the Der Fondue Chessel which provides a boisterous, social atmosphere where families bond over shared food and live Bavarian-style music. On a wagon ride dinner, guides take guests on a horse-drawn wagon ride through a scenic valley to a restored ranch homestead where they singe cowboy songs and serve up a summery spread of favorites like smoked ribs, corn bread muffins, and homemade apple pie. Call 970-496-4FUN for reservations.
· Guests of Keystone Resort receive a complimentary Adventure Passport for every member of the traveling party. The passport invites the entire family to enjoy an abundance of free activities, including guided hikes, paddle boat rentals, gold panning, beaver prowl, and more.
Keystone Resort opens for the summer mountain operations on Friday, June 26th. Families can enjoy gondola rides, summer snow tubing, mountain biking on over 50 trails, mountaintop hiking and great scenery on the mountain and also try horseback riding, fly fishing, paddle boating and other activities around the Resort.
To help families have a complete Rocky Mountain experience, Keystone offers lodging deals starting at $99 a night. More information on this special and others can be found in the Web Specials section at www.KeystoneResort.com.
World Music Festival and Marketplace beneficiaries are Keystone Kares and Snake River Community Association. Sponsors include Bud Light, Bud Light Lime, Icelandic Glacial, Comcast, Nirve, Chipotle, Keystone Neighbourhood Company, and Keystone Resort.